After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FREE resources

I was visiting with the CML Librarian before Christmas and she pointed me to a wonderful resource I had never heard of before. It is called the Elementary Teachers Guide to Free Curriculum Materials. It is published yearly by Educators Progress Service, Inc. This year's publication provides teachers with information about over 1,000 free books, teacher's guides, web sites, charts, posters, lesson plans, maps, and articles that will save you money and enrich your classroom.  There are free curriculum materials for all subjects, all levels of instruction (elementary and early childhood), and even includes special education and teacher reference materials. There are title, subject, and source indexes. Some sources have multiple entries, including the American Museum of Natural History, Federal Citizen Information Center, and ThinkQuest. These are creative and FREE materials for teachers. The book is in it's 67th edition. The ISBN is 978-0-87708-503-4 in case you would like to order it. I highly recommend you ask your librarian to purchase the book for your school.

No comments:

Post a Comment