After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Tuesday, January 18, 2011

KNOW your students

I came across this fantastic blog entry and I just can't think of a way to say it better than the author. Please read this entry and remember how VERY important it is to know your students and from whence they come:
http://bit.ly/fB4HLx

I've attended birthday and holiday celebrations from other cultures, attended ballgames, recitals, etc. All of these helped me to get to know my students better. I hope you will follow the advice in the linked blog entry - it will help you so much!

By the way, use common sense. Making home visits may not be the best advice, but the one about breaking bread together is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment