After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poetry Slam

Last year, as a librarian for a Pre-K through 12 school, I hosted a Poetry Slam for middle school and high school students. The students had been writing poetry in their classes and this was an opportunity to share their writing in an open and accepting atmosphere. Everyone loved hearing how creative our students were!

As I was browsing some of my favorite websites for poetry ideas for first year teachers, I came across this activity plan from Education World. I hope you enjoy "Keep A Poem in Your Pocket" day, today! I've got mine:

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big poetry fan, but I do love this one! Kim, you ought to stop by and see what I posted in the top right side bar...it has to do with poetry, and ....Maxine! :)

    ReplyDelete