After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Friday, January 6, 2012

I Forget...

You know how you forget stuff when you get back to school from the holidays? This morning one of our little kindergarteners was standing outside the library doors when the school nurse found him. He was huffing and puffing, and almost ready to have a fit! She asked him what he was doing and he said nothing. She asked if he needed to bring in a library book and brought him in. He did, indeed, need to return his book and retrieve a new one. Apparently, he forgot how to go to the library!
http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family/Family-Values-Toolkit/Family-Values-Patience.aspx?p=8
We've trained all of our students how to independently come to the library (smaller kids come in groups of 2 or 3) to check in and out their books. They come in throughout the day, and my aide and I just LOVE seeing motivated readers. Hopefully, the coming weekend doesn't further contribute to memory loss in my little babies!

2 comments:

  1. The kid in the pic looks like he forgot to bring something really important like his i-phone!
    Have you resigned as a blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have moved over to www.centraloaklibrary.blogspot.com for my blogging. I guess I should have said something!

    Thanks for asking...

    ReplyDelete