After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jackson, Wyoming


The drive from the SE part of  Wyoming to the Western part is gorgeous. You can see the mountains creeping up on you as you drive west. The high desert has a beauty of its own.

Entering the park was so exciting for me! I'll be returning to the Bridger area later in my trip.
The Rocky Mountains are incredible!
Of course, at the Welcome Center to the Teton area, there was a huge set of more trophy animals. I didn't even flinch when I went in, but the Ranger told me NOT to go upstairs in the center, because it would really creep me out!

This display was really kind of pretty, considering that the building is right next to the National Elk Refuge, a large grassy area with a small river going through the center of it.


I camped in the Gros Ventre (pronounced Grow-vant') Campground just northeast of Jackson, WY. I had a fantastic view and a spacious site for a couple of nights. This is a large campground with sites for tents only, small rigs like mine, and giant trailers and bus-type RVs. I rode my bike all around the campground in the early evenings when people were walking and visiting. I met some nice folks who asked about my camper, and while riding around. My first night here, it got down to 36 degrees! I was so cold that I drove into Jackson to shop for some long johns. No one had any, so I ended up getting a light blue zip-up hooded jacket and some gray sweat pants. I am glad I got to wear them the second night! Brrr!

 My Dad asked me how I was going to change my clothes in Franklin, and here's how! I draped some shower curtains around the doorway and clipped it to the tarp. I had all the privacy I wanted. I even took a "cowboy bath" in there!

I set up my Little Free Library here in camp, and several people visited. I counted 2 new books and 4 taken. Yay!



 I went into Jackson to do some shopping and looking around. It is a nice town that kind of reminded me of  Aspen, CO.

I loved looking at the ski area called Snow King very near the downtown area in Jackson.

There are quite a few outfitters in Jackson that will take you white water rafting. I thought this display was so cute!

Antler arches on all four corners of Jackson's town square. They were having an international dance competition during my stay, so I had a picnic in the park and watched the dancers from Russia, Poland, and Taiwan.

I would love to come back to Jackson in the winter time to do some snowmobiling and other winter time activities.

I knew I wanted to go on a horseback trail ride, so I found this gem of an outfit that gave one of my most fun trail rides! Here are some pictures from the ride:


Tetons north of Jackson.

The town of Jackson down in the valley.

View of the mountains east of the Tetons.

The Sleeping Indian mountain.

Grand Teton National Park to the north.

Gros Ventre Campground is along the tree line.

Elk Refuge; you can see the sleeping Indian at the top left.


Jackson Hole Ski area.

Me and my trusty steed, Maggie!

LOVE this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment