After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Ryan Park

I can't believe I didn't take a better picture of my campsite. 
Moose Trail across from my campsite.

This a pretty small campground, compared to Curt Gowdy. My spot is right across the road from Carroll Creek and I can hear the rush of the creek (and occasional highway traffic) inside my camper! It was pretty warm when I arrived here last night, and the bugs were awful! Lots of mosquitoes and flies. I talked with the camp host and he said that this was "just Wyoming"! Yuck! Well, as soon as the breeze came up, the bugs didn't bother me too much. I set up my camp spot and put up the fly. I even managed to get the kitchen area covered as well as the front porch area. The water was shut off at the campground, so I had to drive a couple of miles down the road to the ranger's station.  Firewood is pretty easy to find around here, so I got a fire going just at sunset around 8:45. I heated up some chili for supper and enjoyed the campfire for about a half hour. I went ahead and aired up the air mattress and slept so much better last night.
Bad Kitty - glad for the air mattress.
I made eggs, sausage, and toast for breakfast. For some reason, I was really hungry this morning, and THIRSTY! I ended up going back twice to the ranger station to get water today so I could shower and do some laundry.
Yummy hot breakfast.

I took a short bike ride around the campground while some VERY noisy neighbors (who came in late last night) got their stuff packed away to leave (thank goodness).  I couldn't believe how loud they and their children were!Apparently, they didn't read the information at the entrance about camp manners! None of the other people in the campground with children are loud at all.

After getting water the second time around, I decided to hike the Moose Trail which surrounds the Ryan Park campground. The host said it was perfectly safe to hike by myself. I could see the campground almost the whole time.

Beautiful tall trees alongside baby ones.

The trail wound around through the woods and high prairie grasses and flowers. It took me about an hour because I kept stopping to take pictures! It was a little less than a mile, but a good beginning to this trip's hikes.

After that, I did laundry, washed my hair and did some catching up on this blog. Now, I just need to go upload all of this for my blog down at the local cafe.
Here is what I had to deal with at the cafe:

Thanks to Rayette, the co-owner of the cafe, I came to respect the art of a dead animal head or stuffed animal. Her husband killed the mountain goat. I am a little less freaked out by trophies by this time.

My hair is so straight here - only 10% humidity! Lovin' the camping life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment