After being a tent camper for years and years, I recently purchased a teardrop camper. I bought it mainly for security and safety while traveling. I hope to join some communities of women campers to make more friends and connections.

I am a reader and a writer; a momma and a grandma; a sister and a daughter. I have been a teacher and librarian for over 25 years. I used to blog here for new teachers, but now I have changed to blogging about my travels, and just for fun.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!











Sunday, August 28, 2011

Celebrating my new job!


I am enjoying my new school librarian job so much! The faculty and staff at my new school are great at sharing and the students have been quite pleasant! The library assistant, Cindy, is such a sweet lady. I'm feeling so lucky!

The school is brand-new, including the library. Students are learning how to take care of the new building and showing respect to all things new, including their classmates!

This past week, all the classes  came to the library to learn the behavior expectations and a few procedures to enable them to use the library. They were so excited to be able to check out a book or two and hear a story.

I thought driving back and forth to Oklahoma City every day would be boring and unproductive. However, I've learned that reading books for two hours a day is a great way to spend my drive time! Of course, I'm not really reading with my eyes - the kids thought that wouldn't be a good idea - I'm reading with my ears! Listening to books on CD and on my iPod seems to be a good way to pass the time. I've already read To Kill A Mockingbird, and A Short History of Nearly Everything and just finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Next up is Bossypants!

Another benefit of driving early in the morning are the beautiful, soul-inspiring sunrises I see when I turn off Highway 51 onto I-35. I look forward to it every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment